Last modified: June 1, 2020
When you use Receipt Hog, we collect information related to your purchase and consumer behavior to the extent you choose to share it with us. We use this information as part of the products and services we make available to our clients (such as agencies, brands, manufacturers and retailers) to help them better understand consumer behavior and the markets in which they do business.
Please note that:
- This Policy does not cover our clients’ use of your personal information outside of the products and services we may provide them. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of our clients. Further, you may elect to participate in surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or other programs that may be offered or sponsored by third parties. Any such participation will be subject to the relevant third party's terms and conditions.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT AND HOW WE MAY USE IT
We may collect your information in several ways, including the following:
- Information You Provide Us Directly. We collect personally identifiable and transactional information (purchase-related history) which you choose to provide us directly, for example when you share purchase receipts with us or when you answer survey questions.
- Information We May Receive from Other Parties. We may combine the information we receive from you with information we receive from other sources.
We will only collect, use, and share your personal information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do so under applicable law. The chart below summarizes when we collect personal information, the types of personal information we collect and how we use the personal information.
When We Collect Personal Information
The Types of Personal Information We Collect
How We Use Personal Information
The Legal Basis for Using Personal Information
Personal information we collect by cookies or similar technologies when you visit our website.
We may collect data related to your use of our site including where you came from, login details, pages you looked at, duration of your visit, geographic location, and/or the links you click. Technical information collected may include your browser type and operating system, device information, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
We may use this information to tailor our website for you, that is to show you recommendations, marketing, or content based on your profile and interests. This data also allows our website to function properly, that is to ensure the proper display of content, create and remember your account login details, improve our site and keep our site secure and safe and to protect against fraud. This data may also be used to show online ads and content on social media platforms or other sites. You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the function available on our site (where applicable), or in your browser settings. For opting out of targeted advertising on social media platforms, please visit the relevant social media platform to explore the options they may provide.
Our legal basis to use this information includes our legitimate interests, including to improve our sites and services, to better engage with you, and to secure our sites.
Personal Information we collect when you use our app.
When you use our app (for example, by uploading your purchase-related information or answering survey questions), we may ask you to provide first and last name, mailing address, email address, date of birth, information about your activities and interests, your current location (geolocation), hashed credit card information, purchase history from receipts, electronic receipts, other profile data such as contact information, occupation, and gender, physical activities or similar health related information, application or device usage data, social media data (where you use your social media login or share this personal data with us), and your grocery or drugstore loyalty card numbers.
Only if you have provided us with your consent to do so, we may obtain read-only access to your email account to collect information from your email related to your digital shopping history. We may automatically collect information from your emails about purchase transactions including receipts, details of what was purchased, the merchant from which the goods/services were purchased, the amount spent and the date of the purchase. Consent for this process is controlled by you. You may withdraw your consent to us at any time by updating your consent settings.
Only if you have provided us with your consent to do so, we may obtain read-only access to one or more of your merchant accounts (e.g., Amazon.com) to collect information from your account related to your digital shopping history. We may automatically collect information from your account about purchase transactions including receipts, details of what was purchased, the merchant from which the goods/services were purchased, the amount spent and the date of the purchase. Consent for this process is controlled by you. You may withdraw your consent to us at any time by updating your consent settings.
We use the information we collect to manage your Account(s). For example, we use the information you provide us and the purchase information you have chosen to provide us with, or otherwise authorized us to collect, in order to track, process, post and fulfill rewards you earn and to provide customer service. In addition, we may use this information to keep you informed of new features and product developments as well as to provide more relevant offers to you.
We also may use this information for within our products and services. For example, we use the information we collect to provide clients with anonymous market research reports and consumer insights. For example, “What percentage of Females in the Midwest buy Brand X products?”
We also may share this information in other ways as described below under the heading “How We May Share Your Information With Third Parties”
Our legal basis for using this information includes (1) your consent when it is required and (2) our legitimate interests, including to improve our sites and services, to better engage with you, and to secure our sites, apps, and services; and (3) performance of contract so you can receive rewards related to your use of our app
Personal information we collect and use when you subscribe to receiving our marketing communications.
We collect first and last name, organization name, gender, email address, mailing address, username and password, preferences, and other information you have chosen to share with us about yourself.
We may use this information to send you marketing communications (where you have asked us to) which may be tailored to you based on your preferences and the personal data we know about you.
Our legal basis for using this information includes (1) our legitimate interests which include to improve our sites and services and better engage with you (2) your consent to receive marketing communications from us.
Personal information we collect and use when you contact our support team
We may collect first and last name, email address, phone number, date of birth, information about your activities and interests, and other information you have shared with us about yourself in relation to your inquiry.
We use this information to communicate with you about your use of our services and may use it to verify your identity for compliance reasons
Our lawful basis to use this information includes (1) performance of contract to provide you with our service (2) our legitimate interests which include to improve our services, to better engage with you and to secure our sites.
HOW WE MAY SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
- We may share aggregated and anonymized insights and reports about consumer and purchase behavior to clients, partners, or others for marketing, analysis and other purposes. These aggregated and anonymized insights and reports are created by using the purchase and receipt information of Receipt Hog users that is collected through their use of our apps and sites.
- We may offer surveys to you through Receipt Hog. We share aggregated information of survey responses with our clients.
- From time to time, we may share personal information related to your purchase or receipt information and/or survey responses with clients or other third parties for advertising, marketing research or analytics purposes (e.g., to help them better understand consumer preferences or segments or serve more relevant advertising). In these cases, we limit the types of identifiers we may share (e.g., mobile ad ids) and restrict the ways in which third parties may use this data. We will only engage in this type of sharing if we have obtained your consent to do so or if we believe we have another appropriate legal basis or are otherwise permitted to do so under applicable law.
- We may also share information with third parties for advertising purposes as described below under “Cookies and Similar Technologies”.
- We may share your personal information with third party service providers or data processors that help manage our business and deliver services, for example, IT service providers who help manage our IT and back office systems or administer our sites, services, and/or apps. These third parties have agreed to confidentiality restrictions and have agreed to use any personal information we share with them, or which they collect on our behalf, solely for the purpose of providing the contracted service to us.
- We may share information with government organizations and agencies, law enforcement and regulators, to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies.
- We may share in aggregate, statistical form, non-personal information regarding the visitors to our sites and app with our partners, affiliates or advertisers.
- If, in future, we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may disclose/transfer the information we have collected from you to the acquiring company.
In addition to the above, we may share personal information about you with others to the extent you consent to such sharing.
TRANSFERRING PERSONAL INFORMATION GLOBALLY
International data transfers
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
Market Track, LLC participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Market Track, LLC is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List at https://www.privacyshield.gov
Market Track, LLC is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Market Track, LLC complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Market Track, LLC is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Market Track, LLC may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Market Track, LLC commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Market Track LLC at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website (https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint), you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
When you visit our website or click on a banner advertisement, we and our partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers may send one or more cookies or similar technologies to your computer or other device to collect information that helps us improve the quality of site and service and the online experience of our visitors and users. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
We process personal information about you that we collect either directly, through forms or data entry fields on our website, or through passive collection by cookies and other data collection technologies. The types of personal data we process in each of these contexts is further explained below:
- Cookies and other data collection technologies: We use browser session cookies, which are temporary cookies that are erased from your device’s memory when you close your Internet browser or turn your computer off, and persistent cookies, which are stored on your device until they expire, unless you delete them before that time. We group browser cookies on our site into three categories, which you can manage:
- Required cookies: These cookies are necessary to enable the basic features of our site to function, such as allowing images to load or allowing you to select your cookie preferences.
- Functional cookies: These cookies allow us to analyze your use of our site to evaluate and improve our performance. They may also be used to provide a better customer experience on our site. For example, remembering your log-in details or providing us information about how our site is used.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies may be used to share data with advertisers so that the ads you see are more relevant to you, allow you to share certain pages with social networks, or allow you to post comments on our site.
SECURITY AND RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to earning and keeping your trust. We understand the need for your personal information to remain secure and private, and we have implemented security practices and procedures designed to safeguard your information.
Please remember that you also play a valuable part in data security. You should never share your Account password with anyone. If you feel your password has been compromised, you should change it immediately. After you have finished using our mobile applications or website(s), you should log out of your Account and exit your browser so that no unauthorized persons can use our website under your name or Account. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected. We may keep data longer if we have a legal obligation to keep it or to maintain necessary records for legal, financial, compliance, or other reporting obligations, and to enforce our rights and agreements.
How we use personal information to keep you up to date with our services
We may use personal information to let you know about our services that we believe will be of interest to you. We may contact you by email, post, or telephone or through other communications channels that we think you may find helpful. In all cases, we will respect your preferences for how you would like us to manage marketing activities with you.
We also work with carefully selected third parties, such as promotional partners and others with whom we have marketing or other relationships. At all times, in accordance with your marketing preferences, these third parties may contact you by email, SMS/text, social media or through other communications channels to tell you about products and services that they believe would be of interest to you.
At any time you can update or correct your personal profile, or change your preferences for the way in which you would like us to communicate with you. You can ask us to stop direct marketing at any time by following the unsubscribe link you will find on all the email marketing messages we send you. Alternatively you can contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify whether you would like us to stop all forms of marketing or just a particular type (e.g. email).
You can change the way your browser manages cookies, which may be used to deliver online advertising, by following the settings on your browser. We recommend you routinely review the privacy notices and preference settings that are available to you on any social media platforms as well as your preferences in your account with us. Further, if (in accordance with your marketing preferences) you receive marketing from the third parties referred to above, we recommend you review any relevant third party's privacy notice for how they use your personal information.
Be aware that if you unsubscribe from our marketing communications we may be unable to notify you of services or offer to meet your needs. If you unsubscribe from marketing communications from us, you may still receive operational and service messages from us.
Please note that information you voluntarily include in bulletin boards, chat rooms and other online forums we may offer may be viewed and used by anyone with access to those forums. We are unable to control any use of such information by these third parties.
We may provide you the ability to log in to our websites using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us, such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on our website(s) to your profile page to share with others within your network. Facebook Connect is owned and operated by Facebook, and more information about Facebook Connect is available at https://www.facebook.com
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
None of our products or services are intended for use or purchase by children. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect, either online or offline, information from children under the age of 13. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us at email@example.com
INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES
We may receive information about you from third party companies that specialize in collecting publicly available information. This may include estimated demographic information and information from public registers, such as the electoral register. We may link information about you that we collect from these third parties with other information that we collect about you.
ACCESS, DELETION, AND/OR CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by logging into your account and contacting us through our support channels or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. In certain circumstances we may be required by law to retain your personal information, verify your identify, or may need to retain your personal information in order to continue providing a service.
LEGAL RIGHTS AVAILABLE TO EU DATA SUBJECTS
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to the personal information we maintain about you, rectification of your personal information if it is inaccurate or outdated, or erasure of your personal information in certain circumstances specified by applicable law. You may also request the restriction of the processing of your personal information or object to that processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. In addition, and subject to applicable law, you have the right to receive a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format, and, in some cases, may have the right to have that personal information transmitted to another organization.
You can exercise your rights by sending a request to email@example.com or to the mailing address referenced in the Contact Us section. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honor your request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request.
We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
The primary point of contact for all issues arising from this Policy is our Data Protection Officer. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted in the following ways:
Attn: Receipt Hog Privacy
Market Track, LLC
233 S. Wacker, Suite 2105
Chicago, IL 60606
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this Policy, the information we hold about you or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact us. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes and make every reasonable effort to honor your wish to exercise your rights as quickly as possible and in any event, within the timescales provided by data protection laws.
To contact your data protection supervisory authority
You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority (i.e. your place of habitual residence, place or work or place of alleged infringement) at any time. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us before your local supervisory authority. For the EU, your local authority can be found here.
FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Identifiers: including real name, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as cookies, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology), internet protocol address, email address, account name, and other similar identifiers
- Protected Classifications: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
- Commercial Information: commercial information, including products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements
- Geolocation Data
- Employment Information: professional or employment-related information
- Education Information: education information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Sec. 1232g; 34 C.F.R. Part 99)
- Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80: such as physical characteristics or description, education, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, and other financial information
- Inferences: inferences drawn from any of the information identified above
(a) We may allow certain third party online advertising services to collect your personal information via automated technologies on our sites or services. We may share the following categories of personal information for online advertising purposes: Identifiers and/or Online Activity; and
(b) We may share personal information related to your purchase or receipt information and/or survey responses with clients or third parties for advertising, marketing research or analytics purposes (e.g., to help them better understand consumer preferences or segments or serve more relevant advertising). In these cases, we limit the types of identifiers we may share (e.g., mobile ad ids) and restrict the ways in which third parties may use this data. We will only engage in this type of sharing if we have obtained your consent to do so or if we believe we have another appropriate legal basis or are otherwise permitted to do so under applicable law. Depending on what you provide consent for, or other legal basis we may rely on, we may share each of the above listed categories of personal information with clients or other third parties.
You have the right to opt out of these disclosures of your information, as detailed below.
We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization if we have actual knowledge of the individual’s age.
California Consumer Privacy Rights
You have certain choices regarding your personal information, as described below.
Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you during the past 12 months.
Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
Opt-Out of Sale: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
Verifying Requests: To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. If you have an account with us, we will verify your identity by requiring you to sign in to your account and/or answer security questions related to your account. If you do not have an account with us, or an email address on file with us (such as if you signed up to receive our marketing emails), then there may not be a reasonable method by which we can verify your identity to the level of certainty required by the CCPA. This is because historically we have not linked device identifiers or advertising IDs to named actual persons. Accordingly, if you do not have an account with us, or an email address on file, and you request access to or deletion of your personal information, we will not be able to process your request at this time. If you designate an authorized agent to make an access, deletion or opt-out of sale request on your behalf, then (a) we may require you to provide the authorized agent written permission to do so, and (b) for access and deletion requests, we may require you to verify your own identity directly with us (as described above).